CONCRETE SCANNER FOR NON-DESTRUCTIVE STRUCTURAL INSPECTION
Hilti PS 250 Ferroscan Detection System
Our Hilti PS 250 Ferroscan Detection System is designed to find and estimate the size of rebar in concrete structures, and provide accurately the depth of concrete cover.
It’s a non-destructive way to carry out a structural inspection.
It can measure large areas and long scan lines, which is particularly useful for scanning concrete slabs, beams, bridges and tunnels.
You can easily see scan results in 2D and 3D on the Ferroscan system’s high-resolution colour touch tablet.
You can also save scan data and export it later to a laptop or computer using our Hilti PROFIS Detection and Ferroscan Map Software – for further analysis, printing reports, archiving data and integrating scan data into other CAD software applications.
Our Hilti PS 250 Ferroscan Detection System is a non-destructive method to check what’s in structures for renovation or retrofit jobs, for seismic upgrade work and also for serial anchoring tasks.
KEY FEATURES OF THE PS 250 FERROSCAN
- Scans large areas of concrete quickly and easily.
- Finds rebar and estimates rebar size.
- Provides accurate depth of cover measurements for rebar up to a depth of 10 cm.
- Records scan data over lengths of up to 30 metres.
- Displays a clear 2D and 3D image on the high-resolution PSA 20 Monitor, for an on-the-spot analysis of the jobsite.
- Records voice notes on the jobsite, to help a more detailed analysis of the scan data on a laptop or computer.
- Combines with our Hilti PROFIS Detection and Ferroscan Map software for more detailed analysis of your scan data, print reports, archive scan data and integrate with other CAD software applications.
WHAT ARE TYPICAL APPLICATIONS FOR THE PS 250 FERROSCAN
- Rebar detection and analysis for acceptance inspections, changes of building use, seismic upgrade work or rebar connections.
- Concrete coverage assessment over large areas, for structural repair, acceptance tests and quality control.
- Prevent hitting rebar during a build, avoiding potentially costly and time consuming repairs.