Data Subject Rights
Hilti does not only have a reputation for providing quality products and excellent customer service but is also committed to protecting your privacy in the online sphere.
You have the right to get access to your personal data that is being processed and to ask for rectification of inaccurate personal data.
- •You have also the right to ask for erasure of personal data (the "right to be forgotten") if:
- ○ The data are no longer needed for their original purpose (and no new lawful purpose exists);
- ○ The lawful basis for the processing is your consent, and you withdraw that consent, and no other lawful ground exists;
- ○ You exercise the right to object, and Hilti has no overriding grounds for continuing the processing;
- •You have the right to restrict the processing of personal data (meaning that the data may only be held by the Hilti, and may only be used for limited purposes) if:
- ○ The accuracy of the data is contested (and only for as long as it takes to verify that accuracy);
- ○ The processing is unlawful and you request restriction (as opposed to exercising the right to erasure);
- ○ Hilti no longer needs the data for their original purpose, but the data are still required by Hilti to establish, exercise or defend legal rights; or
- ○ if verification of overriding grounds is pending, in the context of an erasure request.
- •Additionally, you may request a copy of your personal data being processed. You have a right to:
- ○ receive a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use;
- ○ transfer your personal data from one controller to another;
- ○ store your personal data for further personal use on a private device; and
- ○ have your personal data transmitted directly between controllers without hindrance.
- Please note that inferred data and derived data (e.g. a credit score or company profile) do not fall within the right to data portability, because such data are not provided by you as a data subject. In addition, Hilti is not obliged to retain personal data for longer than is otherwise necessary, simply to service a potential data portability request.
- •You have the right to object (to withdraw a previously given consent) on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of personal data, where the basis for that processing is either:
- ○ direct marketing including profiling; or
- ○ legitimate interests of Hilti.
- Hilti must cease such processing unless Hilti:
- ○ demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms; or
- ○ requires the data in order to establish, exercise or defend legal rights.