The products described here are industrial vacuum cleaners designed for universal, commercial use. They may be used for wet or dry applications.
Use of the product to clean down persons or animals is not permissible. Underwater use is not permissible.
- Before beginning work with the product, find out how to operate it correctly and about any hazards associated with the materials you will be working with and how these materials can be disposed of safely.
- Do not use the product for continuous, stationary operation in automatic or semi-automatic systems.
- To reduce the risk of injury, use only genuine Hilti accessories and accessory tools.
- Use an antistatic suction hose in order to avoid electrostatic effects.
- Do not pick up objects or materials that could cause injury by piercing through the dust bag (e.g. pointed or sharp objects).
- Do not stand on the product (do not use it as a substitute for a ladder).
This product is suitable for the following applications in commercial use:
Additionally applicable to UL vacuum cleaners
- Collecting large quantities of dust from Hilti diamond grinders, diamond cutters, rotary hammers and core drilling machines using dry-cutting core bits.
- Picking up drilling slurry (mineral materials) from Hilti diamond core bits or Hilti diamond saws and liquids up to a temperature of < 60 °C (140 °F).
- Picking up oil or liquid substances with a temperature of up to < 60 °C (140 °F).
- Wet and/or dry cleaning of wall and floor surfaces.
Picking up dry, non-flammable dusts, liquids, wood chips and hazardous dusts with an exposure limit value of > 1 mg/m³ (Dust Class L).
Additionally applicable to UM and UME vacuum cleaners
Picking up dry, non-flammable dusts, liquids, wood chips and hazardous dusts with an exposure limit value of ≧ 0.1 mg/m³ (Dust Class M).
Additionally applicable to UL, UM and UME vacuum cleaners
With vacuum cleaners it is necessary to make provision for an adequate rate of air exchange (L) in the room in situations where the expelled air is returned to the room. Please observe national regulations.
Wet/dry vacuum cleaner including filter element, suction hose complete with rotatable connector (at the vacuum cleaner end) and connector for accessories, PE VC 20/40 plastic dust bag, operating instructions.
UM and UME vacuum cleaners emit an audible warning tone. This warning tone is emitted when the air speed in the hose drops below 20 m/s.
In order to ensure that the warning tone is emitted correctly, the hose diameter setting must be set to the diameter of the suction hose in use.
The vacuum cleaner is equipped with an automatic filter cleaning system that removes most of the dust adhering to the filter element.
The filter cleaning system can be switched off by pressing the “Automatic filter cleaning ON/OFF” button and switched back on by pressing the button again.
- The filter cleaning system is active.
|LED doesn’t light.
- The filter cleaning system is not active.
The filter cleaning system is activated automatically each time the vacuum cleaner is switched on.
The filter element is cleaned automatically by a blast of air (a pulsating noise is heard).