Basic information concerning safety
In addition to the safety rules listed in the individual sections of these operating instructions, the following rules must be strictly observed at all times.
The product and its ancillary equipment may present hazards when used incorrectly by untrained personnel or when used not as directed.
- Keep all safety instructions and information for future reference.
- Stay alert, watch what you are doing and use common sense when working with the product. Do not use the product while you are tired or under the influence of drugs, alcohol or medication. A moment of inattention while operating the product may result in serious personal injury.
- Do not render safety devices ineffective and do not remove information and warning notices.
- If the product is opened improperly, laser radiation in excess of Class 2 may be emitted. Have the product repaired only by Hilti Service.
- Tampering with or modification of the product is not permitted.
- Check that the product functions correctly each time before use.
- Measurements taken through panes of glass or other objects may be inaccurate.
- The measurement may be incorrect if the conditions under which the measurement is taken change rapidly, e.g. due to people walking through the path of the laser beam.
- Do not point the product toward the sun or other powerful light sources.
- Take the influences of the surrounding area into account. Do not use the tool where there is a risk of fire or explosion.
- Observe the information printed in the operating instructions concerning operation, care and maintenance.
General safety rules
- Check the product for damage before use. Have the damage repaired by Hilti Service.
- Check the accuracy of the product after it has been dropped or subjected to other mechanical stresses.
- Although the product is designed for the tough conditions of jobsite use, as with other measuring instruments it should be treated with care.
- Products which are not in use must be stored in a dry, high place or locked away out of reach of children.
- The product is not intended for use by children.
- Observe the national health and safety requirements.
Proper preparation of the working area
- Avoid unfavorable body positions when working from ladders. Make sure you have a safe stance and that you stay in balance at all times.
- Secure the site at which you are taking measurements and take care to avoid directing the laser beam toward other persons or toward yourself.
- When the product is brought into a warm environment from very cold conditions, or vice-versa, allow it to become acclimatized before use.
- Use the product only within its specified limits.
- Keep the laser exit window clean in order to avoid measurement errors.
- Observe the accident prevention regulations applicable in your country.
Working safely with laser tools
- Laser Class 2/Class II tools may be operated only by appropriately trained persons.
- Laser beams should not be projected at eye height.
- Precautions must be taken to ensure that the laser beam does not unintentionally strike highly reflective surfaces.
- Precautions must be taken to ensure that persons do not stare directly into the beam.
- The laser beam must not be allowed to project beyond the controlled area.
- Switch the laser tool off when it is not in use.
- Store laser tools, when not in use, in places to which unauthorized persons have no access.
Although the device complies with the strict requirements of the applicable directives,
cannot entirely rule out the possibility of interference to the device caused by powerful electromagnetic radiation, possibly leading to incorrect operation. Check the accuracy of the device by taking measurements by other means when working under such conditions or if you are unsure. Likewise,
cannot rule out the possibility of interference with other devices (e.g. aircraft navigation equipment). The tool complies with the requirements of class A; The possibility of interference occurring in a domestic environment cannot be excluded.
Only for Korea: This laser range meter is suitable for commercial and industrial use and for the electromagnetic radiation encountered in this field (Class A). Users must pay attention to this point and make sure that this laser range meter is not used in occupied living areas.