Sanding and finishing
Methods for sanding and finishing concrete walls.
When finishing your renovation jobs to a high standard, surfaces must be prepared carefully before the finishing products are applied: primers, paints, stains, lacquers and varnishes.
This isn’t always the easiest stage, so how can you make a success of your sanding and finishing jobs? Here are two simple steps for high quality finishing.
Our pro advice
Step 1: Out with the old, in with the new!
The TE 500-AVR or the TE 300-AVR demolition hammers are both designed for light, effortless chiselling in all working positions. They’re perfect for stripping surfaces and for light scraping to prepare for finishing or for taking up tiles with the flat chisel or a wide flat scraper, for example.
Let’s have a look at the benefits:
- A compact design with an ergonomic rubber handle for a better grip
- A robust construction from high-quality materials and components, for an extended lifespan thanks to the ventilation of the machines preventing the accumulation of dust
- A detachable electric cable which can be replaced quickly and easily should it be damaged on site
- The active vibration reduction system (AVR) for greater comfort of use and efficiency
- The optional compatible (DRS-B) dust recovery system that will collect up to 95% of the dust
Multi-purpose solutions can help increase productivity on your sites. If you have any remaining questions about the right solution for your work, please speak to one of our team.
Request a call back
Our team of advisors are on hand to discuss your sanding and finishing projects.
Simply fill in your contact details and one of our team with call you back.
Step 2: Finish in style and impress your customers
If you want to provide a perfect job for your customers, the secret’s in high quality finishing!
Using traditional grinders such as light one for the walls and a heavier one for the floors can do a good job but things get a bit more complicated when customers want a specific type of finish like sanded, waxed, polished or gloss concrete. To do this, you need multi-purpose, reliable and efficient tools.
Concrete surface removal
For all your renovation jobs, the DGH 130 diamond grinder offers great advantages:
- A grinding system designed to increase your productivity by up to 50% compared with standard angle grinders
- Ergonomically designed handle for comfort in any working position
- Speed selection to improve control on all surfaces
- An adjustable dust cover for edge and angle grinding
This 2-in-1 diamond grinder for rough grinding and finishing will allow you to carry out all types of operations; removing coatings, preparation for painting jobs, levelling and matting and removing polishes, in record time, effortlessly and with just one tool.
Metal grinding and cutting
If you work on metal surfaces, the cordless variable speed 22V AG 4S-A22 angle grinder can help with quality finishing, cutting, grinding, deburring and polishing… there’s no stopping it!
- Very slim design with lock-on switch - fits firmly in your grip, for more comfortable handling and precise control even in hard-to-reach places
- Precise speed control from 3400-7600 rpm – you can use higher speeds to cut and grind very quickly, while the lower speeds help you to achieve a perfect surface finish
- Cordless tool platform – the same battery for all your 22V Hilti tools
Besides its great versatility and very light weight, you’ll love its high performance, its increased battery capacity and its Active Torque Control (ATC) which prevents the tool body from turning and reduces injury risks.
Consumables for surface removal on concrete
We offer universal diamond cup wheels for grinding concrete. You may choose SPX, SP or P cupwheels based on your performance requirements. To polish off the job we've got a family finishing pads, from 50 to 200 grit, so your work will be clean, neat and precise.View our full range
Consumables for metal grinding and cutting
If you are cutting or grinding metal, you need a quality insert. Our range of consumables and tools are specifically designed to work with our tools; meaning that you can get the balance right between performance and productivity.View our full range
Guide to Professional Renovation Work
In our Guide you’ll find actionable insights on;
- How to address your renovation project challenges
- How to improve productivity on your renovation projects
- Managing costs and how to avoid costly downtime
- Maintaining cleaner job sites and looking after the health and well-being of you and your team